Enhancing homes and gardens near Fairfield, Victoria BC
The gardens in this lovely remodeled home near Fairfield, Victoria BC, features a raised patio in the back yard, a pool, raised garden beds and a hot tub, all carefully positioned to maximize the usable space of this beautiful back yard.
Whilst the homes rear entrance opens out to enclosed fireplace area, we were able to carefully sculpt the old garden and turn it into a multi-leveled stunning living space with garden beds, lawn, and enclosed hot tub all designed to give maximum usability to this back yard. By working with the client we were able to deliver the landscaping vision that he had in mind.
- Construction of over 250 linear feet of Granite retaining walls used to deal with lawn grades, to create garden beds along the backside of this beautiful home to reduce the look of the foundation as well as tie into the steps leading up to the enclosed patio. Also another set of walls were used to support the patio and deal with 2ft difference between the patio and the concrete pool skirt.
- Almost 2000 sq ft of brick pavers to install the driveway, patios, landings, and pathways.
- Steps and Landing’s constructed using cinder block, rebar, and concrete and then faced in pavers to tie in with patio’s and landings throughout the property.
- Feature Mica flagstones cut into brick pavers under motion ceiling lights to add night-time reflective effect.
- All brickwork custom built to include a unique design or pattern.
- Hot tub to be boxed in using flagstone from original landscaping, and to tie in with the retaining walls
- Full irrigation system run by the automated clock that communicates with the weather network
- Low voltage landscape-lighting system throughout property to include paver lights along the edge of the driveway and main entrance walkway
Construction Obstacles to overcome:
- How to deal with the patio and still provide access to upper doors and lower pool concrete skirt.
- Working around other construction trades, to get hardscapes and rock walls complete before winter.
- Making all drainage work around pool, along with pool skirt drainage.
- Building the walls around the upper back patio, to create the best seal for retracting blinds for least heat lost in winter.