Maple Bay: Award winning landscapes
Maple Bay townhomes – This award winning custom-built residence and its landscaping features Mountain Ash rock retaining walls, throughout the property., from Dock access, right up to retaining the main driveway. Whilst the view of the lake is quite breathtaking from any area of this property, the other astounding part of this beautiful home is that it is half built into a rockface.
This home also has a half basketball court with lines poured into the concrete driveway as well as large retractable nets for ‘game-time’. The main front beds are done in a xeri-scaped low level planting theme to give a clean tidy look as well as deal with the large septic and drainage field.
The Landscape Design Concept
A large secluded flagstone patio with raised planting beds is on the south-side which is accessed by a meandering flagstone path, steps and planting beds leading from the driveway. The back of the property that faces the lakeside has been left mostly natural, apart from a raised access path to the dock and wood-storage for the upper natural fireplace. The North side of the house is a switch-back gravel driveway designed for access either to the lower ‘lake-toys’ garage or to the lake itself.
- Mountain Ash rock walls built using a combination of large machines and by hand to give maximum useable landscaping areas ie planting beds, seating areas and access points.
- Flagstone path’s and patio’s on both side of the house.
- Irrigation system installed throughout the property.
- Raised planting beds built to create enclosed secluded flagstone seating area.
Obstacles to overcome:
- Accessing back of property to build raised walkway to dock after permits acquired.
- Careful selection of Mountain Ash Stone as homeowner only wanted the squarest of Stone.
- Working with Elaborate drainage system throughout the property to direct excess water away from building and past rock outcrop.